Primary sources are documents, photos, films, artworks, literature, and other items that were created during a historical moment.
Primary sources may include:
- Newspaper articles written at the time of an event.
- Journal or diary entries written by witnesses to or participants in an event.
- Letters written by people who lived through a historical event or era.
- Art works made during a particular historical moment.
- Legal documents associated with historical legal or political events.
- Oral histories
- Much more.
This guide is intended to get you started on your search for primary source documents. If you need more guidance, please contact a DCCC librarian.