Visiting the Learning Commons
The Learning Commons offers many remote services including tutoring and research help. To learn more, please visit the pages below.
The Learning Commons is open to assist currently enrolled DCCC students at the following physical locations and times:
Monday to Thursday
8am to 4pm
Using the Collection
- Any currently enrolled DCCC student wishing to use materials from the collection is encouraged to make an appointment (see form below)
- If applicable, place a hold on collections items they wish to use (Learn how)
- Students are permitted to check out materials, but are not permitted to browse the book stacks.
- Upon arriving to the Learning Commons, please ask for assistance if looking for a book.
- Reserve items are not permitted to leave the Learning Commons.
- Based on industry guidelines, any materials (circulating and Reserves) returned to staff undergo a 3-day quarantine as the most effective way to disinfect them after handling by staff and patrons. As a result, it is highly recommended to call the Learning Commons (Phone: (610) 359-5146) prior to your visit to ensure the item(s) you seek is available.
A number of Learning Commons' computers are available for currently enrolled DCCC student use. Please reserve one prior to your visit at http://dccc.libcal.com/reserve/computer.
Laptop Loan Requests
If you are currently enrolled in courses at DCCC and are in need of a laptop, please visit our Laptop Loan Program page for more information on this service: dccc.libcal.com/appointments/laptoploanprogram.
Laptops can be returned at any open Learning Commons (check here for hours), no appointment required. After hours between 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., laptops can be returned to Security at the College’s Marple Campus in the STEM Center lobby. If the device you are returning was secured in a computer bag, please remember to return the bag and the charger for the device as well. This information will be logged and shared with OIT.