Visiting the Learning Commons
The Learning Commons is open to assist currently enrolled DCCC students at the following physical locations: Exton Center, Marple Campus, Pennocks Bridge Campus, and the Southeast Center. Our hours of operation are:
Monday to Thursday
9am to Noon*
1pm to 5pm
9am to Noon*
1pm to 4:30pm
*There is a mandatory break for cleaning services from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. each day
Exton Center, Southeast Center & Pennocks Bridge Campus
Monday to Friday
10am to 2pm
Consistent with the Governor’s Mandate for Safety during this time, you will be required to wear a face mask on campus and comply with social distancing recommendations. We also ask that only you or designated person enter the Learning Commons.
Using the Collection
- Any currently enrolled DCCC student wishing to use materials from the collection is encouraged to make an appointment (see form below)
- If applicable, place a hold on collections items they wish to use (Learn how)
- Students are permitted to check out materials, but are not permitted to browse the book stacks.
- Upon arriving to the Learning Commons, please ask for assistance if looking for a book.
- Reserve items are not permitted to leave the Learning Commons.
- Based on industry guidelines, any materials (circulating and Reserves) returned to staff undergo a 3-day quarantine as the most effective way to disinfect them after handling by staff and patrons. As a result, it is highly recommended to call the Learning Commons (Phone: (610) 359-5146) prior to your visit to ensure the item(s) you seek is available.
A number of Learning Commons' computers are available for currently enrolled DCCC student use. Please reserve one prior to your visit at http://dccc.libcal.com/reserve/computer.
The Learning Commons is circulating laptops and Chromebooks to DCCC students. To request one or return one, please visit https://dccc.libcal.com/appointments/laptoploanprogram.