Visiting the Learning Commons
The Learning Commons offers many remote services including tutoring and research help. To learn more, please visit the pages below.
Your Visit, Beginning Feb. 16th
The Learning Commons is open to assist currently enrolled DCCC students at the following physical locations and times:
Exton Center, Marple Campus & Southeast Center
Tuesdays & Wednesdays
9am to 1pm
Consistent with the Governor’s Mandate for Safety during this time, you will be required to wear a face mask on campus and comply with social distancing recommendations. We also ask that only you or designated person enter the Learning Commons.
Using the Collection
- Any currently enrolled DCCC student wishing to use materials from the collection is encouraged to make an appointment (see form below)
- If applicable, place a hold on collections items they wish to use (Learn how)
- Students are permitted to check out materials, but are not permitted to browse the book stacks.
- Upon arriving to the Learning Commons, please ask for assistance if looking for a book.
- Reserve items are not permitted to leave the Learning Commons.
- Based on industry guidelines, any materials (circulating and Reserves) returned to staff undergo a 3-day quarantine as the most effective way to disinfect them after handling by staff and patrons. As a result, it is highly recommended to call the Learning Commons (Phone: (610) 359-5146) prior to your visit to ensure the item(s) you seek is available.
A number of Learning Commons' computers are available for currently enrolled DCCC student use. Please reserve one prior to your visit at http://dccc.libcal.com/reserve/computer.
Laptop Loan Extensions
Students do not have to request an extension or submit any additional forms to extend their current loan agreement for technology if enrolled in consecutive semesters. For example, if a laptop was borrowed in the Fall 2020 semester and the borrower is currently enrolled in the Spring 2021 semester, the required return date is extended to the end of the Spring 2021 term in May.
Check out a laptop (New requests)
Since Spring semester starts January 21, 2021 all technology will be distributed the second week of January after we return from Winter Break. You may schedule your appointment for Spring 2021 pickup at the Marple Campus for any available timeslot beginning on the January 11 at dccc.libcal.com/appointments/laptoploanprogram.
If you already have a laptop and would like to return it, laptops can be returned any day from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. to Security at the College’s Marple Campus in the STEM Center lobby. Students do not need to make an appointment to return loaned devices.