What is MLA?
MLA (or Modern Language Association) style is used predominantly in the fields of English studies (language & literature), foreign languages & literature, literary criticism, comparative literature and cultural studies. This library guide provides basic rules for citing different types of sources in MLA style [8th edition 2016] as well as providing links to other guides and information sources about using MLA.
The MLA Style Center is a new online resource with additional information about MLA style. It includes:
- Teaching Resources
- Guide to Formatting a Research Paper
- Plagiarism and Academic Dishonesty
- Sample Papers in MLA Style,
- FAQ List for finding quick answers to commonly-asked formatting questions
- Works Cited Quick Guide and Tutorial
For more information, ask for the MLA Handbook Eighth Edition at the Learning Commons Information desk, or check out a copy of the handbook to take home.